STS Highlights: January 2019
Welcome to 2019! It’s going to be a busy, productive year. Set your goals and work toward them each day. We’re here for you when you need us. If you have any professional development or NAPT Certification aspirations, please consider our online courses as an option.
If you don’t already know, January is National Human Trafficking Awareness Month. It’s a hard topic to broach, but it is one that EVERYONE should take the time to learn about. Our friends at Busing On the Lookout and Truckers Against Trafficking provide the training resources you need to make a difference. We’ve also curated some important safety reminders and resources for the new year.
Please take the time to peruse the materials in this month’s STS newsletter. I truly believe they will help you usher in a great 2019.
All the best,
January is National Human Trafficking Awareness Month
When building an army to fight a crime like human trafficking, the bus industry has a key role to fill. Here are some ways human trafficking intersects with buses.
• Earn Competitive Advantage
• Increase Earning Potential
• Update Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Build Professional Credibility
• Network within the Industry
School Bus Fire Evacuation Fact Sheet
How long does it take for a school bus to completely fill with smoke?
How long to evacuate?
View Fact Sheet
Emergency Procedures Flyer
Recent events may have prompted you, your department, or your organization to reevaluate Emergency Procedures. Please feel free to utilize this Best Practices Flyer.
In-Service for School Bus Drivers
School Bus Driver: Online In-Service (15 Hours)
Posted in Blog
on January 15th, 2019. No Comments
Everyone at School Training Solutions would like to wish all of our customers and friends a safe and happy holiday season. As schools across the country are releasing students for winter break, remember to always be aware of your surroundings while driving and safely share the road with pedestrians, cyclists, motorcycles, school buses, and other automobiles.
With the New Year fast approaching, remember to enjoy the season responsibly.
We look forward to an exciting new year! If School Training Solutions can help you, your department, your district, or your state meet training goals please let us know.
Top 10 Driving Pet Peeves Article
Have you ever seen someone texting while driving? In this article, we list out the top 10 gripes among American drivers and where they rank on the nuisance scale.
Free Busing on the Lookout (BOTL) Training Blog
There are inherently hard topics to talk about or even acknowledge. Human trafficking is one of those topics. This is a free training program and certification that should be completed by, frankly, everyone.
Coloring Activity 4: SUPER Word Search Print
Keep the kids entertained while learning with this fun word search and coloring activity.
Checklist: Security Enhanced Daily School Bus Inspections Infographic
Daily school bus safety inspections are an industry standard. For a more robust daily inspection, consider ADDING and/or MODIFYING items with a security focus.
Buses of Christmas Past Infographic
Explore the evolution of school buses – from the horse-drawn carriage to the modern cheese wagon.
School Bus Unauthorized Entry Tips
This video gives a brief review and tips to deter unauthorized entry of a school bus.
Posted in Blog
on December 13th, 2018. No Comments
Continue Connecting, Communicating, and Collaborating!
Even with the 44th Annual NAPT Conference in Kansas City, Missouri finished for the year, many continue to connect, communicate, and collaborate.
If you would like to continue working toward an NAPT Certification, sharpen skills, and expand knowledge consider your option for NAPT Online Professional Development Series (PDS) courses. Each course is self-paced, and can be completed when and where it is convenient, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Posted in Blog
on November 14th, 2018. No Comments
Thank You for Visiting the School Training Solutions (STS) booth at the NAPT Summit and Trade Show in Kansas City, MO. It was a busy conference with a lot to offer the pupil transportation industry. During my conversations throughout the event, I noted a few topics that kept coming up.
- NAPT PDS Courses Online. NAPT, in partnership with School Training Solutions (STS), offers NAPT Professional Development Series courses online. You can begin working on Certified Pupil Transportation Specialist (CPTS), Certified Supervisor (CSPT), and Certified Director (CDPT) certificates or work toward your recertification.
- In-Service Training. As you know, many states require yearly in-service training for school bus drivers. In most cases, the topic(s) and method of training is left up to the school district and/or transportation department. Our online classroom curriculum for school bus drivers can be an option for in-service training!
- Remediation Training. Unfortunately, accidents happen. Minor infractions create an opportunity to learn new techniques or sharpen skills. Our individually priced courses are a great solution for these remediation moments. Your driver can take the course online and print a completion certification when they have successfully completed the course.
- Custom Training Catalogs. STS can put together a custom training catalog, built to your specifications, so your employees get the right training. Courses can be pulled from our full transportation catalog or general topic courses like Sexual Harassment Awareness, Bloodborne Pathogens, Time Management, or Stress Management.
Let us know if School Training Solutions (STS) can help you implement an online training program for your school bus drivers or other school employees.
Posted in Blog
on November 6th, 2018. No Comments